Alright, I think we’ve drawn this out long enough, so here are the results.
1. As if running a marathon wasn’t challenging enough. I, JR Andrews, hereby announce my intent to run the San Antonio Marathon on November 14, 2010 . . . barefoot.
TRUE – At the time of posting the quiz, I hadn’t actually tried running barefoot. Since then, I have and that is a whole post in itself. OK, I’m actually considering starting a separate blog just for this whole journey. So far I’ve run a couple of times barefoot – yeah like completely barefoot. It wasn’t what I expected but so far so good. But if you thought that no shoes meant no more blisters; think again. Bonus points to Alexis even though she missed this one since I did have three pair of shoes in my active running rotation. Also bonus points to Tim for the backhanded compliment of calling me kind of “off”; I’m glad someone understands why I’d try this.
2. This year for Lent Jenny gave up Costco.
FALSE - Come on now folks, let’s be reasonable. That would be crazier than me running barefoot.
3. After 2 months on the farm last fall, Livy’s Easter lamb coloring pictures now come complete with sheep manure.
TRUE - Yes, although we’ve been labeled as “townies” by the Lyons’ clan; you can take the Andrews out of the farm but you can’t take the farm out of the Andrews.
4. Speaking of #4, here he/she comes. As in child #4! Boy or girl we don’t know yet.
FALSE – APRIL FOOLS! Haha. Would we really break the news like that? OK, if we’d pull a cruel joke like this maybe we would. So just when you swore off reading our site because of this I guess you’ll have to stay tuned just in case. Bonus points to Grandma Andrews whom when called didn’t even ask but instead just ranted about how stupid she thinks April Fools day is; classic.
5. Jenny completed the P90X workout. Yeah, the infomercial DVD thing that is 1.5 hour workouts 6 days a week for 90 days. Not only that but in the last year she went from a size 12 to a size 6. Oh, and she can kick JR’s butt on the AbRipperX workout.
TRUE – Come on, no one was willing to dare a false guess on this one? This is another one which is a whole ‘nother post in itself, but yes, we found the time to do a 1.5 hour workout 6 days a week for 90 days.
6. Molly has picked up some Spanish and some (more) attitude and now calls herself, “Quatro-Cinco”.
TRUE – What is even funnier is that Jenny didn’t get the reference to Chad Ochocinco until after people started commenting.
7. Violet, 18 months old, is so advanced that the pediatrician has suggested that we start potty training her.
TRUE – This one surprised us but he recommended it right after he questioned her verbal skills saying that she should be starting to say words to which Violet responded, “I wanna see! What dat?”. Readers who scored well on the reading comprehension section of the SAT would have gotten this one correct since Jenny had recently posted it. But maybe you were second guessing yourself by this point.
8. After much debate, Jenny has finally said that JR can get a motorcycle. Livy’s only restriction is that it must be red.
TRUE – Now before Jenny refutes this, it is technically true. Jenny has said that if I want a motorcycle I can get one. BUT, that she doesn’t like it and doesn’t want to discuss it anymore. But just in case I do decide to get one, here is the Husker red one Livy has picked out.
So now to announce the winner. Since no one actually got all the answers correct and others had “insider” information, I’ve decided to award the winner at random. And the winner is… The IowAndrews! Congratulations, you’re $10 BestBuy gift card should arrive sometime next week. And if you want proof that it really was random, I’ll prove it by saying if it weren’t random someone other then my brother would have won.